Director of Exploration & Production, Gambia National Petroleum Corporation, Gambia
Cany is a strategic and dedicated project management expert and reservoir engineer devoted to renewable energy technologies with 14+ years of experience working on energy projects in West Africa, South America and Australia.
- Advises government on oil and gas exploration projects, structures, negotiates and oversees the implementation of high value exploration activities of the NOC in partnership with IOCs.
- Energy & Strategy Consultant and an experienced project management expert in the energy, oil and gas and construction industries.
- Skilled in policy formulation, corporate restructuring, strategic planning, governance and administration having served concurrently as Head of Administration, Procurement, and Board Secretary for the national oil company.
- International conference speaker and panelist, a thought leader passionate about sustainable development, renewable energy, institution and nation building, quality education, women in stem, women in leadership, elimination of harmful practices against women, and economic equality.
- Activist at heart, Community Influencer & STEM Advocate with 20+ years track record of youth leadership, gender and children’s advocacy, grassroots organizations and local community initiatives.